Booking Information and Tips
Due to the on-going global COVID-19 pandemic, the below listed information and tips have been amended to include any required changes in order to abide by government-mandated restrictions to accommodate the health and safety of my client(s). Anything marked with an asterisk ( * ) has an amendment which can be found at the bottom of this page; please ensure to review thoroughly!
As with any project, putting together a successful photoshoot requires initial consultation(s), discussion and collaboration, planning out details, and bringing together all the minds of the project to achieve the envisioned results, regardless of photography genre, or how many individuals / trades are involved.
To that end, I have put together some general guidelines / tips to help new and existing clients know what they need to consider before approaching EW Photography, and during a project, to ensure the outcome is to everyone’s satisfaction.
Due to the unprecedented global events taking place due to the COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) pandemic, and restrictions put in place by the Provincial Health Office of the Government of British Columbia and the Federal Government of Canada, EW Photography must make the following amendments to our normal protocols and processes.
Please review ALL current protocols before contacting EW Photography; these protocols will all be abided by AT ALL TIMES, and any violation of the protocols by the client, placing either agents of EW Photography, the client(s), or third-parties at risk, will result in termination of the project, with no deposit refunds being issued; one warning will be provided to take corrective steps.
All consultations will now take place via Zoom video conference. To assist with visualization of the project, the client(s) is encouraged to prepare samples of what they are seeking. This can be done by using stock imagery, or sample sites / images. These can easily be “screen shared” to EW Photography during the video conference, to give a better sense of what the client is seeking.
EW Photography will make use of similar samples to the client(s) to illustrate various ideas for a successful project; these samples may be provided during a follow-up to the initial consultation, as we’ll need to time to review notes taken during the first meeting to come up with an initial example.
Once a final set of potential locations is agreed upon, EW Photography can meet with the client(s) at the location to perform an in-person evaluation, provided it meets with PHO guidelines including, but not limited to:
- All participants MUST wear a face masks of no less than the recommended types at all times,
- Physical distancing of no less than 6ft / 2m can be maintained between all parties at all times,
- If at an enclosed location, such as a commercial space, room capacity limits are not exceeded at any time,
- The location(s) are permitted to operate in a commercial fashion, and are allowed to host photoshoots as per any PHO restriction(s),
- Any restriction(s) specific to the location are abided by at all times
Hair, Makeup and Styling
Any hair, makeup, or other form of stylist brought in to work on the client(s) / talent, must be fully compliant with PHO guidelines related to COVID-19, including, but not limited to:
- Wearing a face mask of at least Surgical Level 3 or better rating (N95/KN95 recommend) whilst working on the client(s) / talent at ALL times,
- Be wearing a face shield to help mitigate against aerosolized droplets making their way to the client(s) / talent
If the photoshoot location(s) have capacity restrictions, anyone not involved in the hair and makeup process must leave the area temporarily to keep within any capacity limits. If this anticipated, tasks such as lighting and set preparation will need to be performed before hair, makeup and styling are performed; additional fees may be charged by both EW Photography, and the facility if a rental fee is associated to the location, in order to accommodate the additional setup time needed.
Day of Photoshoot
As per the PHO, all COVID-19 protocols applicable to client interactions will be enforced at all times, including, but not limited to:
- The photographer, and any support staff, will wear a minimum of a Surgical Level 3-certified face mask(s) or better (such as N95/KN95),
- Maintain physical distance from the talent of no less than 6ft / 2m at all times,
- Ensure any indoor room capacities are adhered to at all times, and that all participants / spectators of the shoot are wearing (at minimum) a Surgical Level 1-certified face mask and maintaining minimum physical distancing of 6ft / 2m,
- Captured image previews / reviews will only be provided on a larger display setup ahead of the shoot during breaks / intermissions (where physically possible); quick on-camera image reviews during the shoot will not be allowed due to physical distancing requirements,
- If physical styling interventions will be required during the shoot, such as hair and makeup adjustments, a single individual associated with the client(s) / talent “social bubble” will be allowed to make these adjustments, or the official hair/makeup stylist hired for the event, provided they are wearing aforementioned face mask and shield; the photographer and/or their assistant will not provide any adjustments of this type,
- If adjustments to the set are required, the client(s) / talent will be asked to vacate the space and provide enough physical space to allow the photographer and/or their assistant to perform the needed modifications whilst maintaining physical distancing